Modular Sitemaps / Pageflows

Jun 11, 2008 at 10:16 AM
Hi I created a POC for some pageflow "features":
  • Each module has its own sitemap file in its directory. This file is read and loaded at runtime.
  • The global sitemap can then act as the view provider for pageflows.
  • Pageflow provider header info can be defined in the main web.config, then stuff like nav graphs and views can be defined in the modular web.configs. Each module can then have their own navigation graphs loaded by the one provider at load time.
  • Instead of defining the pageflow xml in the web config you can define an assembly graph which loads the xml pageflow defs from an embedded resource in the assembly.
At the moment this code is working but lacks unit testing (which i will probably make (possibly)) and proper integration with the current xmlpageflow provider module stuff. Are these ideas interesting to the community? Would it be worth while submitting some code somewhere and seeing what can grow from this?

Best Regards

Peter Short
Jun 13, 2008 at 3:12 PM
@pshort: That sounds really interesting. I for one would very much like to see the code. Good going!
Jun 29, 2008 at 3:16 PM
Edited Jun 29, 2008 at 3:16 PM
This is exactly what I've been researching.  It makes sense to me that this needs to be implemented in order to truly support a modularized web application.  I'd love to see the code.

Thanks for your effort with this!
Jul 2, 2008 at 10:10 AM
@pshort Very cool stuff. Could this perhaps support one module adding links/nodes to the sub tree of another?
i.e. a module exposing it's nav graph for other modules to see?
Still waiting for the code...

Thanks

Jul 2, 2008 at 11:48 AM
Hi guys,

Sorry Ive delayed with this so much! I have been searching for a way to get this code out to whoever wants a look and for the time being anyway stuck it in a project on codeplex :  HERE
At the moment its just a quick dump so its probably missing things like the actual ent lib and wcsf contrib dlls, if you're desperate you can fix those references but i hope later today when i have more time ill clean up the project a bit and fix the references etc so its just a download, compile type thing. To the WCSF contrib guys, im not that familiar with open source so if I'm doing something wrong here then please tell me and Ill do whatever you guys think is the right way to share this.

Best Regards

Peter Short